Tips for Moving to Dallas in Icy Conditions
1) Time the move strategically
Do your best to schedule your move for lower-traffic days of the week. This plan will help you prevent mishaps upon snow-covered roads and spend less time driving back and forth to your moving destination. Generally, Mondays are the top times to drive in the United States whilst Fridays tend to be the worst.
2) Deal with your walkways and driveways
More than one million persons are injured yearly due to slips and falls. During winter months, all these accidents multiply considerably. You'll be able to help stop trips and falls by covering your pathways and driveways using ice melt or perhaps a snow melt mat. Before using salt or a snow melt mat, you can use a leaf blower to blow away all top sheets of snow.
3) Stock your moving vans with an emergency kit
Putting an urgent care kit in your automobile is an excellent safety measure, specially when winter weather is anticipated. The average automobile emergency kit normally includes a small emergency first aid kit, protective gear, along with a small supply of water and food.
4) Examine your moving vehicles before leaving
Properly maintaining your moving vans is essential to making sure that you reach your destination safely and securely. Prior to leaving, make sure you check your gas, engine oil, along with windshield washer fluid amounts to be positive you have sufficient fluids. In addition, look at your tire pressure to make sure the tires are adequately filled with air. Over the winter time, it's a good plan for the tires to be 3-5 PSI higher than normal to account for slower response times.
5) Exercise safe winter weather driving practices
If operating a moving truck on slick streets, you need to use extreme caution. Below are a few tips to help you carefully navigate the roadways to your new house:
• Decrease your speed: Virtually all motor vehicle safety agencies cite speed reduction among the best ways to avoid incidents.
• Don't tailgate: Increasing the gap in between you and the automobile in front of you to eight to ten seconds can help prevent crashes
• Never use cruise control: Applying cruise control on slippery surfaces could cause your vehicle to lose road contact
• Keep away from steep inclines: Snowy or icy slopes may cause moving vehicles to lose grip and slide backward, leading to accidents
Obviously, for those who have hired professional movers to assist you, they will handle maneuvering the moving van across the snow and icy streets, and you'll only need to get yourself and household to your new home safely.
6) Do not attempt to move during a winter weather advisory
A delicate dusting of snow and isolated sections of ice are one thing. But a winter weather alert must be considered seriously. In case a wintry weather warning is given close to you, never discount it. Reschedule your move to an alternative time when weather conditions are supposed to improve.
What's the most effective path to moving to Dallas efficiently in icy weather conditions?
By simply following the guidelines above, you'll be able to help cultivate less hazardous moving conditions. However, the one very best method to a safe and secure move in slippery weather conditions is to ask for the expertise of a trustworthy moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have served home owners along with businesses move to Dallas securely during winter weather conditions for many years. Regardless if you are preparing for a long-distance move or a nearby one, we'll help make sure you as well as your items arrive safely and securely at your new residence. We encourage you to contact us today for a free of charge estimate. We look forward to hearing from you!
Request a free quote