International moves can be demanding. Rest assured we’ll expertly handle the difficulties, having gotten people to all sorts of countries in the time we’ve been in business. Whether you’re relocating from Dallas to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere stateside to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We assume total responsibility for your international move at every stage of …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can rely on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, in particular, you’ll likely want to know right away what such a move will cost you. Contact us. Talk with us. Inform us where you’ll be going, when you’d like or have to go, and what type of a move you’d like us to handle for you. Reflecting our considerable experience with global moving, we’ll give you a free ballpark estimate. This may or may not be the final price. Further talks with you will help determine that. But at least you’ll have some awareness of what to expect, price-wise, in advance of signing a contract.
The Home Survey
To come up with a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we’re required to do an inventory of the items you’ll be shipping. We provide two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to confer with you on numerous elements of your move, conduct a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your belongings.
- Using your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and do your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need transported.
The Written Estimate
Once we’ve initially spoken with you and reviewed your Home Survey results, we can provide you with a more precise, written estimate of the financial outlay required for your international move. It takes into account everything associated with your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve picked.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which sets locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve picked, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other considerations. Signing it validates that you consent to our terms and pricing and authorizes us to arrange for your relocation.
The Move Plan
To make sure you have an international move that’s smooth, safe, and hassle-free, we assign you a Move Concierge – your very own, personal representative and counselor. He or she will guide you in planning every aspect of your move. In your initial consultation, your Move Concierge will …
- confirm your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved locally and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- establish which of our services you prefer,
- offer introductory counsel in what’s likely in store for you during your move, and
- field your questions.
From here on, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can count on him or her being well apprised of the difficulties of international and advising you appropriately – especially on customs laws from one country to another. As well as divulging critical information on your particular destination country, he or she also can assist you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other required international paperwork.
Then, throughout the move, your Move Concierge will keep you up to speed on the latest developments.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date gets close, we’ll email or call you to affirm that it’s still “on” according to plan. We’ll confirm dates, times, locations, and other important elements relating to your relocation to another land, another culture.
Our packing options are provided to better address your needs and budget.
- Choose to pack everything yourself; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Elect to let our crew provide backup packing assistance. Or
- Elect to start packing yourself and authorize us to help you by packing specialty items.
Whatever way you want your packing discharged, our past clients will attest that we’re well up to speed on foreign customs laws and will ensure that your shipments follow them explicitly. That includes seeing to it that packed goods are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and conduct a walk-through, acclimating themselves to your floor plan and the items you’re relocating.
Next, they’ll take steps to protect your home during the move-out. They’ll pad stair rails, cramped corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll put down carpet covers to keep floors free of dirt and damage .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will ensure that moving boxes are marked and categorized by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else has to be disassembled will be taken apart by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew runs quality checks and maintains communication with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
When we get your freight safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews get it unloaded with extreme care. Among our destination-country delivery services are …
- using protection pads and carpet covers to make sure your new home stays as it was before the move throughout the move-in,
- systematic unloading – setting your belongings into the rooms you want them in, at your direction,
- rebuilding the equipment and furnishings broken down for the move,
- unpacking – just say the word; we’ll get it done, and
- debris removal – where, if you prefer, we’ll cart off all the empty moving boxes and debris when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the conclusion of your international move, your Move Concierge will contact you to ...
- go over it with you,
- determine how skillfully we provided the services you selected
- talk with you about any remaining situations, and
- THANK YOU for choosing A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote