By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Dallas
often does not have to be stressful and bring you to the edge of an anxiety attack. This isn't to say it is a time of Zen in your life, however with a bit of organizing and more backup preparation, your move will be successful, and you should continue to be sane.
Below are some more moving problems which may take all the pleasure from your move, and the way to steer clear of them.
Work With A Reputable Moving Company Now
The instant you know your new address, start finding moving companies. This is not the time to cheap out with a couple of lads and a run down truck--splurge on a professional mover in Dallas. The can provide you with the following, and you may cross these tasks from your checklist.
· Well-maintained equipment--trucks which go through scheduled service (check-ups, tire rotation, braking system checks) and are totally road-worthy
· Professional crews who have learned how to wrap, load, set household furniture inside a moving truck, and reverse the process at your new house.
· An insured staff and equipment--if a mover gets injured, the moving company in Dallas deals with their medical costs
· Professional packing if you're simply overwhelmed. Should you prefer a handful of specialty items packed or crated, they will handle that for you, so you can be assured your valuables will arrive unharmed.
· Ask for a list of the items they are unable to by law move--chemicals, houseplants, and paint are on the list, to name a few. You don't want to learn at the last second that your precious bonsai tree must stay behind.
· Count on an agreement and a written quote.
· Make sure your mover posesses a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Hire the Crew, Also
All your chums say, sure, they'll help you load the moving van. That is great--if you happen to be moving across town and they can help you unload, as well. Plus, if you're willing to chance injury, scheduling issues, and also other small challenges to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Dallas guarantees a crew which gets there on time, has knowledge of what they are doing, can drive the truck, and you can depend on to move your items safely. They will in addition unload all your stuff and put it inside your new house--and that could be worth the expense.
Move That Which You Love and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" principle genuinely does apply when you're moving. Take into account that each box you pack and move has some price related to it, and that adds up quickly when you find yourself looking at lots of boxes. Get rid of unwanted bedding, kitchen gadgets, toys and games, furniture--everything which you don't use, aren't keen on, or don't need.
There's A Snowstorm Coming--or a Typhoon
The one thing even the most structured in our midst can't control is the weather. Watch the forecast and obtain a Plan B in the event you're stuck in horrible rain, snow, or gusts of wind. Discuss with the moving company in Dallas a few days before hand if it seems risky to pack up and drive and reschedule if you must. Should you be moving a long distance, reserve hotels as you go along. Your realtor should understand if you can't be out of the house on schedule; terrible weather affects everyone, so the new residents will not be able to get there either. Do not attempt to beat the weather event--they always win. Moving companies will not risk their workers or equipment in unsafe weather; the good thing is that it usually passes in a day or two.
Place the Pets in Daycare
Your pets recognize when you're troubled, add to that the disappearing things and they can definitely get distressed. Board your pets the day before the movers arrive and pick them up on the way out of town. Bring their beds, food, water, and toys for the trip and make them your last duty.
Now buckle up, calm down, and appreciate a disaster-free journey to your new residence.
Request a free quote