Relocating Employees During Difficult Times
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Step one when transferring employees, specifically over a health crisis such at COVID-19, will be to prepare appropriately. When coming up with a plan, the following actions are important:
· Develop a directory of all employees both inside of and outside the country. Provide all staff contacts and locations in this list, along with where the employee needs to move to.
· Establish a dedicated communication channel which serves the entire company to make sure that all relocating workers receive relevant updates and provide feedback.
· Set up a crisis panel to liaise along with the top management and obtain options for relocations. This panel needs to do a deep dive on each relocation to examine all possibilities thoroughly while keeping all government directives in view.
· Partner with various travel firms as well as a moving company in Dallas for travel monitoring.
· Have all government procedures concerning social distancing, essential services, in addition to travel prohibitions in mind as you organize.
· Create policies that support remote working to ensure social distancing, if necessary. Procedures that increase your staff's probability of being infected with coronavirus should be eliminated.
· Establish concise guidelines which aid workers. Think about creating a fund for hardship premiums for workers in places that essentials are difficult to obtain as a result of minimal products or even the increase in cost.
· Acknowledge that some relocations will have to be deferred until personnel have safe spots to work.
· If transfer is necessary, limit it to critical staff. This plan must also establish security measures to be regarded prior to, during, and after the trip to make sure that all employees stay safe.
· Go over moving possibilities with your professional moving company partner. The moving company in Dallas ought to have a plan in place to keep both their workers as well as your personnel free from harm during the entire relocation process.
· Review your relocation policy along with your professional movers in Dallas to make sure that your workers are given the best value from your relocation budget.
Ready to Relocate?
At A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Dallas, we understand that moving of staff is complicated anytime, but could be a lot more strenuous during the global crisis. We're taking vital precautions to ensure that you as well as your staff are safe and sound. Give us a call today for additional information on all your relocation specifications.
Request a free quote