By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
many times have a range of associated services that are meant to help customers with a seamless move. Several provide local storage, a few are able to help you move specialty things, and many can help with a professional packing service to pack-up houses on behalf of moving clients. As a professional moving company in Dallas
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers all of these services, and have helped countless people enjoy a smooth, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We get lots of questions in regards to professional packing and exactly what it involves. You may be wondering "Do I need help with packing?" and if so, what service do you require, and how can you schedule it? We're available to answer all your fundamental questions about a professional packing service for your future move to Dallas.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home requires a lot of time. Most people need at a minimum two months of nights and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and ready for the moving company in Dallas. However, not everybody can complete their own packing - or complete all their packing when needed. In the event packing boxes is not something you want to do, or in the event your schedule has no room for packing, it is a good idea to reserve your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Need a Packing Service
If you think you might require a packing service, don't worry, you're not the only one. A lof of different kinds of people (and moves) need professional packing to be sure everything is finished on time, and we are honored to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Here are several very common examples of people who frequently require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Need to Move Quickly
- Parents of Young Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Do Not Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence normally requires between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your residence and how many things you possess. As a general rule, you could estimate that it might consume about two hours per room in your house or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered spots. Don't forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get an accurate quote on packing your house is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your house will help the moving company in Dallas to accurately estimate how many hours and people it should take to pack your home within one or two days.
Total vs Partial Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Dallas pack up your whole house which includes your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – everything. However, you could also ask for a select packing service. Some people ask the moving company in Dallas just to take care of bulky item disassembly and wrapping to be certain it is done right. A few people ask their movers just to pack kitchen items and breakable items, because movers know how it should be done and will have all the right materials.
Select packing services make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by utilizing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Dallas.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
When you employ a professional packing service, what might you expect? Professional packing typically requires between one and two days of work, often scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers should start to meticulously box all your belongings based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing typically tackles one room at a time, and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, shoes, electronics) so that rooms will be simple to assemble while you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should be present to provide oversight and answer questions. Packers could ask you concerning broken belongings, categories, or what labels to utilize. They might have specific questions about how you want them to pack certain items or areas.
- If you are not physically present, keep your phone handy to answer questions remotely, and you will need a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the best advantages of professional packing is that each box will be a perfect fit. Years of experience and all the right packing materials mean that your moving crew understands how to pack a box so that it will stack securely in the moving van and unpack smoothly on arrival. They should also typically label your boxes so you will be able to uncover certain belongings and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Putting Boxes in an Easy-to-Load Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons to get ready for the arrival of the moving truck. You might ask the professional movers in Dallas to leave boxes in the rooms for which they were packed, or to pile all of them in the family room for quick, efficient truck loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Make Sure You are Prepared for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers will be arriving soon? You might make the day less stressful and the packing more organized with a bit of preparation.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make sure you have washed all the dishes and put away or hung up laundry when you are asking your professional movers in Dallas to pack up the kitchen as well as bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Desired Rooms
- When the residence is packed and also unpacked, it will likely be completed by room. While you may not have to wholly tidy up, taking items back to their correct room is a great method to ensure they wind up in the proper box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Dare the family to come up with pantry-emptying meals and donate everything that is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there isn’t any need to pack and move food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Lastly, create a list of any items you are worried about to discuss with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you have a big move on the horizon, you might not have the time or desire to perform all the packing by yourself - and that is alright. Full-service professional movers in Dallas like A-1 Freeman Moving Group has professional packing services. Call us now to consult on the packing services your move may require.
Request a free quote