By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is known to be one of the most stressful activities you can do. It consumes your free time, and while it most of the time works out in the end, it can result in some frustration along the way.
As a professional moving company in Dallas, we have seen all kinds of moves, both smooth and also chaotic, and we have some suggestions that might help you avoid the stress of moving.
· Acknowledge that the stress exists. Pretending that you aren’t stressed can make you additionally stressed. Stress is normal and natural, and working through it is going to require understanding it is present.
· Attempt to give yourself enough time to accomplish what needs to be done. It will take the majority of people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. When you have a lot of things, then it will likely take additional time. When you need moving boxes, be sure to get them well ahead and have a plan for if you need more. Check with your local moving company in Dallas, as they might have used boxes available. You will want to also plan a day or two to clean the home you are leaving.
· Have a plan. Figure out how you want to plan everything for a good result. There are people who need a plethora of to-do lists, others will try to install a moving app for their cell. Create deadlines for every portion of the move and set them soon enough that blowing them will not be a a total meltdown. And, give some thought to what is going into each carton. Label your boxes clearly and also consistently, so you can explain your labeling system to the professional movers in Dallas. Label anything that is delicate. Plan what room everything is going into in the new place and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Dallas will happily put everything labeled "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for help or hire a moving company to assist. You do not need to handle the entire move yourself. Ask your friends and extended family members for help. Hire professional movers in Dallas for the heavy lifting, though, instead of banking on anyone's goodwill. When you’re super busy and can afford it, think about having the moving company in Dallas to do some or all the packing, too.
· Be willing to let it go. Moving can be a great reason to clean out things which might be sitting in your house a long time out of sheer apathy. If you have a broken down piece of furniture, now could be the right time to get rid of it and purchase a replacement after you move. Old cell phones that do not work? Books you have not looked at in several years? Something you absolutely forgot you even had? Sell the items that you can and donate everything else.
· Be sure to allow for downtime. Moving can take over your existence. Lots of people find they do not have time to get a decent amount of sleep over the move. Or they do not do anything but work, move, and worry about the move. Provide some leeway in your schedule so you might have a moment to go out for lunch, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
· In the event you are moving to a new area or perhaps a new city, take time to look around the new city for a bit. Spend some time looking for restaurants you want to try and attractions you want to explore. Create a list of those eateries and select one that is at the top of the list, then plan to eat there the day after you move when you do not have your dishes unpacked yet.
Moving might normally be stressful, however these suggestions may help lessen the stress and turn it into an adventure. Don’t forget that professional movers in Dallas can assist with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in Dallas should be a super resource for everything from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, keep in mind this is a temporary situation and your life will return to normal in the near future.
Request a free quote