Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY MAKE YOURSELF READY: No, you do not have to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to employ professional movers in Dallas. Hiring a moving company allows you to have extra support from professionals, who know about organizing, lifting, and time management. Professional movers in Dallas can carefully pack your house, take apart household furniture, and securely wrap your super breakable belongings. Having local professional movers in Dallas around on your moving day is a great way to circumvent injuries. They should lift all the heavier things, leaving the easier items and also simple clean-up to you.
- USE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT: Using the right moving equipment is one of the best methods to avoid injuries while moving. When contacting the moving company in Dallas, make sure that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move safer, such as an appliance dolly. Not only will this assist the moving crew, but the equipment will additionally save you time, as stuff can be moved at a quicker clip.
- DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every space of your cartons could sound like a good idea, however packing them too heavy makes them more difficult to pick up, as well as puts a strain on the legs, arms, as well as back. An injury is hard to avoid when you lift more weight than you can handle. Additionally it makes the task more difficult for everyone who is helping you to do the move. Pack cartons properly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Dallas can work quickly and efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a general lifting technique and is a great way to circumvent injury to your neck and spine. Sustain a wide base of support, by placing your feet shoulder-width apart as well as flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are mainly using your legs as you move upward. And, keep your back straight, and don’t forget to breathe while you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this may sound like something elementary, many people are injured when tripping over smaller items on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or chipped tooth because of an avoidable fall by maintaining all paths free from items. Whenever moving awkward objects, it is difficult to view anything that is in your way. Sidestep any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk when moving your items. When putting safety first, you can reduce the chances that you will be injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Dallas with professional movers is one of the best ways to save time and avoid injuries on moving day. Get in touch us now for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote