By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Will you be about to move soon? If so, you're probably stressed, thinking of all the belongings you will need to pack. However not all you want to move to your new home can or ought to be moved by your professional movers in Dallas
. In other words, there are several items that you ought to move on your own. Here are four of the key kinds of things your moving company in Dallas
won't be able to move, coupled with a few considerations and warnings and how we are able to assist you.
1. HAZARDOUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, moving companies keep a list of hazardous items that they are unable to move. Chemicals reacting with other matter, for instance placing paint thinner and also weed killer jointly on a moving truck may result in a terrible outcome.
A number of the unsafe items that should not be moved consist of those, including lighter fluid, fuel, propane tanks, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, house cleaners, pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers, spray cans, swimming pool chemicals and even nail polish remover. You'll want to consult with your moving company in Dallas for a full list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving van is plants. The truth is, there are a few states with policies, concerning certain indoor plants which can or cannot traverse a state line. Although insects and mites aren't a problem in certain states, they may be regarded as being very unsafe in other states.
Additionally, the majority of moving companies do not wish to haul plants since pests that reside in the dirt can potentially spill into the moving truck. Even if your moving company agrees to move your plants, they might not live, especially when you will be moving a long distance given that plants require sunlight and also water. In case you don't have room in your vehicle for the plants, why don't you give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they can carry your special valuables on their moving van, it is still a good idea to keep your important files and photographs with you. This is because these are things that are not easily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Dallas generally pack most canned food for you, however you ought to consider if this is a smart idea. Of course, perishable food items can't be carried on a moving van. It is usually recommended that you get rid of your perishables along with food items in glass jars rather than lugging them with you.
You want to make room in your vehicle for even more valuable belongings, and you do not want to worry about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold before arriving at your new home. However boxed and/or canned foods, such as herbs and dried fruits may be moved. For any questions about which food items that can or can't be moved, make sure you ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to bring your pets together with you and discuss any specific requirements your pet may have with your vet.
· As for alcohol, take into account that state laws regarding alcoholic beverages can differ, therefore it is best to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of supermarket delivery soon after arriving at your new residence. You can purchase via the internet for food, paper products, cleaning products along with other basics.
· You could fit your lawn mower on the moving van, so long as you've drained the gasoline and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's also unsafe for you to move hazardous items in your vehicle. It's better to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new residence. Put simply, don't take the potential risk of hauling them.
To make moving as smooth as possible, contact us to set up an appointment and learn more about the wide variety of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote