Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you desire is for everything to not go right. Here are several tips on what you can do early on to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Several Things to Carry Out on Moving Day to Make It Go Smoother
- Make sure someone can be there: Either you or perhaps a responsible adult must be available for the duration of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This can help circumvent any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Dallas. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone on hand to answer any questions and provide directions.
- Clear the path: Be sure there is a clear walkway heading to your front door so the moving team might simply carry cartons and pieces of furniture in and out. And, clear away all tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This can help prevent any falls or issues.
- Review the residence: Once the professional movers in Dallas arrive, go through the residence with them and point out all items of special importance or items which won’t be transported on the moving van. If you have any valuable belongings you are going to transport with in your vehicle on the move, be certain they're packed up and ready to go. This could include things such as jewelry, important papers, and also family valuables. This will ensure that these items are safe and also that nothing is forgotten. Once the professional movers in Dallas have completed loading the truck, complete a final walkthrough of your home to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Putting together a general plan for where you want things to go in your new home makes the moving process much more simple. Make certain to label every carton with its contents and the room it should be place in so the movers will be able to easily put everything in their correct spot. For moving day, you'll want to have some things set aside, such as snacks, drinks, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Think about putting together a moving day survival bag. Place these items up in a bag or box to quickly locate them once you want them. Also, be sure you understand what tasks need to be done and when. Having a timeline will help keep things moving without issue.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: If you have children and/or pets, it will be crucial to create a plan for them on moving day. Ask someone to keep an eye on them, so they won’t be in the way of the professional movers in Dallas.
- Check in with your neighbors: If you have close neighbors, it is nice to give them a heads up that there will be a moving van parked on the street and that there may be a bit of noise and activity throughout the day. This will help steer clear of any possible issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the town or homeowners' association, you may need a permit to park the moving van on the street. Double check with your local authorities to find out if this is something that you need to address.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a hectic and often stressful time. But by using these suggestions, you can make the whole thing smoother – both for you and your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Dallas is here to assist you every step of the way. We are America's leading moving company in Dallas, with nearly five decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Allow us take some of the chaos out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote